Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Alhumdulillah for little boys

I would like to take a moment to appreciate my hilarious, sweet, adorable, destructive sons. Yesterday, on a visit to my old job, Zaahir (the 5-year-old) reached his attention span limit (after exploring each fragile objet d'art in a friend's office) and literally pulled me down the hall by yanking on the front of the stroller. Ahmad (the baby) was cracking up, and we must have looked so funny as I called goodbye to my friends over my shoulder.

Today we got home and Zaahir immediately opened a gift from his best friend - a lego fire truck with about a million pieces that had to be assembled. I told him I would help him with it after the baby went to sleep. The kid with the attention span of a humming bird sat in the SAME PLACE for TWO HOURS and finished it by himself. I am in awe of my children and so blessed to be a mom. I never pictured myself as a mother of boys, but now I can't imagine my life any other way.

Knitting update:
My first sock is too big and might become a puppet.
Zaahir's sweater is too small and I have to start over.
I haven't even LOOKED at the bag I am supposed to knit for knitting club.
My solution to UFO's? Buy more yarn of course! I just bought yarn to make wash/dish cloths. I am going to try the "Almost Argyle" dishcloth on shutupimcounting.blogspot.com.

Knitting haiku of the day:

What's up with dishcloths?
Cheap yarn, trying new patterns
Okay, I get it.

No comments: