Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Ahmad turns one, and a contest (or two).

Go to Megan's Blog for a fun contest: http://tangledupinknots.blogspot.com/ Mention you saw it here and we both get another chance!

I heard about it from Cass at http://shutupimcounting.blogspot.com/ who also blogged about Robin's contest. Go sign up and oggle her beautiful shawl! http://knittincoop.blogspot.com/2007/10/day-in-history.html

Ahmad is one today. I can't believe it! It has been an exciting and difficult year, but it feels like we are over a hurdle. As of a couple of days ago, he started connecting more and showing his personality. He likes to make jokes! I put on the hat pictured at the top of my blog, and he pulled it off and started laughing like crazy. Then he handed it back to me so we could repeat the joke about 10 more times. Sure do love those boys of mine!

Knitting update:
Almost Argyle is growing steadily but slowly.
I casted on last night for an Ahmad sweater; Zaahir's sweater is on hold while he decides whether he wants a pullover (I hope) or a cardigan "like the other kids". So it wasn't a total disaster that I made the hoodie too small. I hope he makes up his mind before the cold weather sets in!
The sweater for Ahmad is a pullover raglan from a Debbie Bliss book:


but I am sick of light blue baby clothes. I started with a green tweed, and am making stripes with blue and red tweeds at the bottom of the sweater and the sleeves: 3 rows green, 3 blue, 3 green, 2 red, 2 blue, 2 red, 2 blue 2 red, then back to green. We'll see how it turns out.

Maybe I will make Zaahir's from the same pattern just to make it easy on myself. But I'll add ribbing to the bottom like the one I had already started. I'll go surf around for an easy cardigan just in case. Happy knitting!

No comments: