Friday, October 12, 2007

Long time no knit!

Eid mubarak to all the Muslims knitters! It's been awhile, but I am back! After not having reached even one of my summer knitting goals, I was a little down in the dumps. Then I started a knitting group at the school where I work, and that did the trick. Currently on the needles: The drawstring bag from Last Minute Knitted Gifts (which all the girls in the school group are making), a uniform sweater for Zaahir, and a sweater for Ahmad that will have to be for some other baby because he's growing so fast, and my first attempt at a sock, which is big enough to fit my husband - too bad it is hot pink! I'm hoping I can felt it (and it's future spouse) into slippers. I am also trying to finish that grey scarf shown in my first post, but I took out the pink so that I can give it to my husband for Eid. Yes, I am trying to finish it tonight!

On a sweet note - I baked (so far) three kinds of cookies for Eid - tiny chocolate chip (Zaahir's favorite), thumb print butter cookies with apricot jam, and butter cookies rolled in almonds and cinnamon and sugar. Krumkake is next in the wee hours of the night when the question will be, "To dip or not to dip in chocolate?!" I also made some kickin' fruit soup - all berries - which will be layered with cream parfait style tomorrow. I am making the traditional Palestinian rice and chicken for dinner tomorrow, so I had to represent the Norskies for dessert :)

Enjoying the rain as I knit...

No comments: