Friday, November 16, 2007

What a week!!!

This week we had Reading Day at my school, and I am in charge of the committee for the first time. The day includes fun activities like a comprehension question relay for the younger kids, and a scavenger hunt for the older kids. Plus everyone makes books and brings a secret clue to represent their favorite character.

It was a great success! Though of course I have a long list of what to do and what not to do next year. My team was great and the parent volunteers were amazing! Needless to say, I didn't do much knitting this week, but last night I made good progress on Zaahir's sweater. It's a funny pattern at first because I coudn't visualize how it was going to work. But I just followed the directions and it is starting to take shape. I hope to post some pics on Monday.

In other news, my students voted unanimously to knit preemie caps for their next project. I am so excited! I think that many of them will be able to make two or three and we can take a nice bundle to the Kaiser NICU in December. The pattern I have chosen is a two-needle ribbed hat with a pompom. For the bag they learned knit stitch, I-cord, 3-needle bind off, and how to make eyelets. For the beenie they will add purl stitch, pompoms, and seaming. Here is the pattern: http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/kja-preemie.html?noImages=

Happy Hippy Yippy Friday!
(Okay, a bit Ned Flanders, but I can't wait till it's the weekend!)

No comments: